The “2nd NMS Symposium on Chronic Diseases and Translational Science 2018” aims to be a catalyst for further advancement in Ageing and Chronic Diseases research within Portugal and with international impact. The Symposium will bring together young researchers and established investigators, leaders in their fields, from all around the country and Europe in a stimulating environment fostering both exchange and generation of new ideas.
The mission of this second edition can be described in the interplay of research in human chronic diseases and translational science.
Claudia Almeida, Principal Investigator of Neuronal trafficking in Aging Lab., CEDOC
Duarte Barral. , Principal Investigator of Membrane Traffic in Infection and Disease Lab., CEDOC
Michel Kranendonk, Principal Investigator of Xenobiotic Metabolism Lab., ToxOmics
Paulo Pereira, Principal Investigator of Proteostasis and Proteolitic Signaling Lab., CEDOC.
Cristina Casalou, CEDOC
Diogo Pestana, CINTESIS
Francisco Esteves, ToxOmics
Graça Rosas, CEDOC
João Ferreira, CEDOC
(NMS|FCM postdoc committee)
With the venue at Faculdade de Ciências Médicas, the Symposium is committed to have an audience comprised of basic, translational and clinical scientists, as well as, welcoming students who are willing to attend.
PROGRAMME and SPEAKERS
The purpose of the symposium’s second edition is to bring together researchers from distinct areas of biomedical research to promote the discussion of advances in aging and chronic diseases research that could be translated into methodologies to address specific medical problems with considerable impact in public health. Topics will range intracellular trafficking, cell signaling, molecular mechanisms of disease and ageing.
Confirmed Invited Speakers:
- Angel Raya Chamorro, ICREA - Center of Regenerative Medicine Barcelona
- Giampietro Schiavo, Neuromuscular Diseases, UCL - University College London, London
- Rosalina Fonseca, Cellular and Systems Neurobiology, CEDOC
- Lino Ferreira, Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering, Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra
- José António Belo, Stem Cells and Development, CEDOC
- G.J. Peters, Pharmacology of Cytostatics, Laboratory Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Bruno Costa-Silva, Systems Oncology, Champalimaud Foundation
- Sebastião Rodrigues, Drug Response and Resistance, CEDOC
- Manuel Carrondo, Engineering Cellular Applications, ITQB NOVA/IBET/FCT-NOVA
REGISTRATION & ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Registration for the symposium is now open until 5th October and for abstract submission until 28th September.
Poster size must be 60 cm (width) x 90 cm (height) and the format must be VERTICAL. Please, be sure that the size of the poster is contained within these limits and format.
For submission please go to the registration form.
With the venue at NOVA Medical School|Faculdade de Ciências Médicas, the Symposium is committed to have an audience comprised of basic, translational and clinical scientists, as well as, students who are willing to attend.
NOVA Medical School|Faculdade de Ciências Médicas
Universidade NOVA de Lisboa
Campo Mártires da Pátria,130
Building CEDOC II (grey)
Auditorium Professor Doutor Manuel Machado Macedo
Rua Câmara Pestana, nº 6