1. Do children also have to take the test?
The test is only required for children aged 12 and over. Children under this age do not need to be tested.
2. How long after the sample collection do I have the test result?
The test result is sent in 24-36 hours, to the passenger and to the Public Health Services of the respective region.
3. If the result of my test is inconclusive, what happens?
If the result is inconclusive, you should not travel and must remain in confinement until you repeat the test (According to the resolution nº 484/2020 of the Regional Government of Madeira, if you need further clarification contact email@example.com ).
4. If I have a positive result in my test, can I still travel and recover in Madeira or the Azores?
If the result is positive, you cannot travel, you should call SNS 24 (808242424) and follow all the recommendations of health authorities. CEDOC will communicate the results of the tests to the health authorities who will monitor the case.
5. How is the test result sent to me?
The test result is sent by e-mail in a pdf file to the passenger and to the Public Health Services of the respective region.
6. Can foreign citizens or stateless persons also take the test for free under this protocol?
Anyone with a valid airline ticket to the Azores or Madeira (Funchal or Porto Santo) can take the test for free.
7. How much does the test cost?
The test is free for all passengers who present a valid ticket to the Autonomous Region of the Azores or Madeira.
8. I am going to travel with my family. Do I have to fill out an appointment for each of the family members?
Yes. It is necessary to fill out an individual schedule for each traveler. Each traveler will receive an individual appointment.
9. Can a passenger flying from Oporto or Faro airports take the test in Lisbon at CEDOC?
Yes. Any passenger traveling to the Azores or Madeira can take the test at CEDOC. Travel expenses to the sample collection site are not covered.
10. Where can the epidemiological survey be completed?
It is mandatory to complete the epidemiological survey within 12 to 48 hours prior to departure.
To travel to Madeira you can access this survey at https://madeirasafe.com/#/login.
To travel to the Azores it will be necessary to complete the survey for the Regional Health Authority available at https://covid19.azores.gov.pt/.
11. Can I board without taking the diagnosis test?
Yes. It is not necessary to perform a COVID-19 diagnosis test to board on a plane for the Autonomous Region of the Azores or Madeira. Passengers landing at airports in the Autonomous Region of the Azores or the Autonomous Region of Madeira who have not performed a PCR test for COVID-19 disease, will do so at the airport of arrival. After performing the PCR test, the passenger will proceed to their destination, where they must wait for the result of the PCR test, in confinement.
If you travel to Madeira, for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you travel to the Azores, for more information contact the Azores Non-Medical Clarification Line: (+351) 800 29 29 29, e-mail :email@example.com, website: https://covid19.azores.gov.pt/.
12. Is the trip reservation sufficient to schedule a test?
No. Passengers must present a document that proves the booking and payment of the trip as a payment receipt, electronic ticket or boarding pass.
13. I have already done the serological test for SARS-Cov2, does the result of this test replace the PCR test?
No. The serological test only indicates whether you have already been in contact with the virus and does not show whether you have an active infection. You must always perform a PCR test.
14. Is it necessary to take a blood sample to perform the CEDOC test?
No. The SARS-Cov2 diagnostic test only requires taking a sample from the nasopharynx and oropharynx using a swab.
15. Is there a need for prior preparation for the test?
Do not . The SARS-Cov2 diagnostic test does not require any prior preparation.
16. How can I schedule my appointment?
Booking is done directly by the passenger in an online scheduling system (https://cedoc.masterinsoft.com/#/) where one can choose a time that is most convenient, up to 3 days before the flight. The booking is confirmed automatically taking into account the available time slots and the period of validity of the test results.
17. What should I do on the scheduled date?
On the scheduled day, passengers must show up at the designated place and time and present a Citizen Card or Identity Card/Passport, National Health Service Card and proof of payment of the airfare (eg. electronic ticket).
18. I don't have access to the online scheduling system, how can I schedule?
The schedule can be requested by phone, to the mobile phone (+351) 910 459 769 or to the landline (+351) 218 803 120, from Monday to Friday, between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
19. I made the booking on google forms before the scheduling system was available, will I lose access?
All appointments prior to the July 15th (date made available for the online system) made in google forms were transferred to the online system.