November 24th marks the World Day of Science and the National Day of Scientific Culture.
Every year CEDOC open it's doors to young people in the scope of Science and Technology week aiming to strenghen ties with the society, showcase the research carried out at CEDOC-NMS and offering the opportunity to Basic, Secondary and University students to explore the scientific process, and be a researcher for a day. However, this year, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, instead of welcoming students to CEDOC laboratories, our scientists prepared fun and dynamic online ativities.
CEDOC joined this celebration and associated it's activities with two major national initiatives, that take place online during November 23rd to 27th, from Noite Europeia dos Investigadores and Ciência Viva.
CEDOC has five ativities at Ciência Viva that explore some of the work developed by various groups and include animated videos to explain scientific research developed at CEDOC, video coverage of CEDOC labs and a reportage of LYSOCIL, targeted to all ages and in materials in Portuguese and in English.
The activities are the following:
- Doença de Parkinson, Lab of Hugo V. Miranda;
- Será que os metabolitos dos (poli)fenóis oriundos da nossa dieta chegam ao cérebro?, Lab of Cláudia N. Santos;
- Research on Rare Diseases | Investigação em Doenças Raras, LYSOCIL project, led by Duarte Barral and Susana Lopes;
- Healing, Stem Cells and Neuroinflammation, by Universidade Nova de Lisboa, featuring the Lab of António Jacinto, Catarina Homem and Cláudia N. Santos;
- During this COVID-19 pandemic times let's not forget the type 2 Diabetes epidemic, Lab of Cláudia N. Santos.
Find all our ativities at Ciência Viva website, with the keywork "CEDOC".
European Researchers’ Night will be taking place on Friday November 27.
Two Labs from CEDOC joined the European Researchers’ Night to share their discoveries and explain their research work, namely:
- Helena Canhão Lab and Patient Innovation team will present videos to showcase their work on an activity called "Sharing solutions, Improving life".
- Performing storytelling, Sílvia Conde Lab, will test your knowledge on Diabetes with a quiz, under the scope of the Neuronal Control of Metabolic Disturbances activity.