Welcome to the 12 Topics in Rheumatology, held at NOVA Medical School, Lisbon.
This is the first meeting stimulated by the Rheumatic Diseases Lab from CEDOC - Chronic Diseases Research Center (PI F. M. Pimentel-Santos, Co-PI Jaime C. Branco) aiming at promoting and facilitating the dialogue between basic and clinical scientists, regarding new physiopathology, diagnostic and therapeutic advances in Rheumatology.
12 Topics in Rheumatology will address a wide range of subjects focused on translational science. After short presentations we expect to have highly interactive exchange of knowledge among participants. New ideas, new collaborations, new projects are assured and will be of undoubted benefit for all. Poster presentations and short talks will illustrate current research and innovative ideas in the field. There are Abstract Awards to presenting authors having the highest scored abstracts (in basic science, clinical abstracts and undergraduate abstracts).This meeting welcomes health care professionals, academics, students, researchers and policymakers with interest in this field.
We welcome all of you!
Join us and the vibrant and enthusiastic spirit of NOVA!
Fernando M. Pimentel-Santos
CEDOC (Chronic Diseases Research Centre), NOVA Medical School and the “Rheumatic Diseases Lab” (PI: F.M Pimentel-Santos, Co-PI Jaime C. Branco) want to promote the discussion of controversial topics and/or emergent in the area of osteo-articular pathology, among clinical and basic researchers.
We invite everyone interested in this area to participate in the innovative event, “12 Topics in Rheumatology”, that will take place on the 1st and 2nd March 2019, at the Auditorium Professor Doutor Manuel Machado Macedo, at NOVA Medical School.
The main purpose is to bring the participants closer, launch new ideas, launch new collaboration projects and promote a clinical practise based on excellence. The 6 clinical research topics and the 6 basic research topics encompass several themes that may contribute to a better understanding of pathophysiology of certain diseases, to a better diagnosis, to a better therapeutic approach, to a better promotion of a long and quality life.
In a vibrant environment, participate and contribute with your certainties and doubts, enriching this meeting.
Join us and live this experience that will be inspiring and unforgettable!
PROGRAMME and SPEAKERS
Online registration is now open here.
All alterations must be known to the following email: 12topics-lisbon(at)nms.unl.pt
• Until 31st January refund of 90% of the payment
• Until 15th February refund of 50% of the payment
• After 15th February no refund
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Registration and Payment
1. Entries for admission to the 12 Topics in Rheumatology, mentioned in the following description as the “Meeting”, run until 1st March 2019.
2. Entries are formalized by completing the registration form, available here.
3. All data requires in the registration form must be complete.
4. The registration fee includes the participation in the meeting, support material, associated meals and a participation certificate.
5. The registration fee of the Meeting shall be settled through bank transfer - IBAN: PT50078101120000000656470 with the following description: 12 Topics in Rheumatology.
6. The payment proof of the registration must be sent by email to 12topics-lisbon(at)nms.unl.pt identifying the name of the participant.
7. Registrations are only confirmed once the required payment has been received.
8. Invoices and receipts referring to payments will be sent electronically to the e-mail address indicated in the registration form.
9. The Meeting will not accept entries that do not meet the requirements described in these General Terms and Conditions.
10. Cancelation policy is described above.
Assignment of Rights
11. The participants authorize the organization of the Meeting to use, publish and disseminate all the photographic, videographic or phonographic records for the purpose of promoting and disseminating the activities at NOVA Medical School.
12. The records referred may be used in any material, technical resource or support that exists (namely paper, electronic or otherwise) or that may come into existence in the future. The assignment of rights has an unlimited duration and no monetary payment or compensation is due to the Meeting or to the entities involved.
13. Registration at the Meeting assumes the knowledge and full acceptance of these General Terms & Conditions.
14. All cases omitted in these General Terms & Conditions will be decided and appreciated by the Organizing Commission of the Meeting.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Abstract submission deadline has been extended until 22nd February!
The abstract should be submitted in one file by e-mail to 12topics-lisbon(at)nms.unl.pt. Please send your abstract with the following name: 12Topics2019_First Name + Last Name. If you are an undergraduate medical student please send a proof of student status to support your application.
12 Topics in Rheumatology Awards for Special Achievements
12 Topics awards are assigned to qualifying presenting authors of accepted abstracts.
12 Topics offers three types of awards:
- Abstract Award – Basic science
No special application is required for this award.
- Abstract Award – Clinical science
No special application is required for this award.
- Undergraduate Abstract Award
Undergraduates are medical/science students that performed the studies during their education/training; they have not yet qualified as a physician/science and are in general below the age of 25 years. PhD students do not qualify! "Undergraduate" means being still in medical/others science school and not having passed the final examination yet.
12 Topics in Rheumatology bestows 1 Abstract Award to the presenting authors of the highest scored abstracts in basic science, clinical and undergraduate abstracts, that are submitted to the 12 Topics in Rheumatology meeting. Winner is selected by the Scientific Comission based on the quality of the abstracts' scientific content.
Abstract Typing Instructions
The abstract should not exceed the number of allowed characters (including punctuation and spaces). The content must be topic related and should not refer to personal problems. Please include your abstract body text in the word file including:
The title of your abstract should be precise and explicit. Avoid putting too much information in the title line;The title must have a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 300 characters.
- Authors and affiliation
For standardisation, the acceptable length of the abstract is not more than 3600 characters and 55 lines, authors’ details and headers included. This excludes non-visible characters such as spaces as well as punctuation.
Please note guidelines for tables and figures for your abstract submission:
Tables (included in characters count)
Max 2 tables
Table min rows: 1
Table max rows: 20
Table min column: 1
Table max column: 12
Figures (excluded from characters count)
Max 1 figure
Width (in px): Min. 50
Height (in px): Min. 50
Size (in KB): Min. 40
DPI: Min. 96
Please only use JPG, GIF or PNG files in the provided word template for upload.
- The General Terms & Conditions can be seen above -
NOVA Medical School|Faculdade de Ciências Médicas
Universidade NOVA de Lisboa
Campo Mártires da Pátria,130
Building CEDOC II (grey)
Auditorium Professor Doutor Manuel Machado Macedo
Rua Câmara Pestana, nº 6
There is a municipal park paid available near the NOVA Medical School|Faculdade de Ciências Médicas.
Exit at Avenida or Restauradores and take the Elevador do Lavra, you can walk (it is a stiff touristic climb).
767; 730; 760; 723
5 Star Hotels
Hotel Fontecruz Lisboa, Autograph Collection by Marriott
Avenida da Liberdade 138-142, Lisbon, 1250-001, Portugal
4 Star Hotels
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lisbon - Fontana Park
Rua Eng Vieira da Silva 2, Lisbon, 1050-105, Portugal
NEYA Lisboa Hotel
Rua D. Estefânia, n.º71-77, Lisbon, 1150-132, Portugal
TEL: +351 213 101 800
H10 Duque de Loulé Boutique Hotel
Av. Duque de Loulé 81-83, Lisbon, 1050-088, Portugal
3 Star Hotels
Holiday Inn Express Lisboa - Av. da Liberdade
Rua Alexandre Herculano 40, Lisbon, 1250-011, Portugal